Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Easter Card

Since I make cards to send overseas to the soldiers, I have to start making them super early. Today I had the easiest day ever subbing in a classroom that only had 4-5 students and a teachers aide who did most of the work, so I started planning some Easter cards. I don't typically plan out my cards but I had so much time I drew out some sketches to follow.

After a trip around the local hobby stores to pick up all things pastel and time to finish up a layout for a recipe swap, I got to work on the first of my sketches, which was set up to use the chick in an egg from Simply Charmed.

I used paper from The Paper Studio for the plain backgrounds. I wish it was a bit heavier but it will work find when I glue it to the card base. The pretty plaid paper is also by The Paper Studio and is from So-So Sweet stack. It is so cute and I am sure a lot of my Easter cards will use that paper. I cut the chick at 2 inches and used some cheapy ribbon from Walmart. I did forget that I wanted to emboss the yellow paper, but I think it is a really cute card to kick me into Easter mood.




Since I couldn't find a job for tomorrow, I am going to spend some time working on those other sketches. I should try to plan out my cards more often because I was able to do this card really quick!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda! This card is so sweet! I absolutely lovet he colors and the little chick! Please stop by my blog I have left something there for you!!!
    Dani D

    ReplyDelete