Monday, September 5, 2011

Long weekend = Crafty time!

Since I got an extra day off this weekend, I was able to find some time to craft! I completed a few layouts that I wanted to share and I am almost finished with another!
I love how this one turned out! It's from my cousin's wedding on New Years Eve/Day. She kept calling it a marrying party and that was the inspiration for my title, which was cut from Lyrical Letters. I also used chipboard (or a wheat thins box!) and popped up the "marrying" which I think gives it a nice effect. I used tulle for the bow and made a cute pinwheel flower thingy out of the zebra paper picking up the zebra in my sister's tank top. I am wearing a pink tank that you can barely see but it matches the bright pink on the layout.

And I have another Christmas layout that is the complete opposite of this one!

I used Designer's Calendar, Winter Frolic and Opposites Attract on this one. I like the muted color pallette of the papers and the simplicity of it.
I am nearly finished with another Christmas layout--then I only have one more left (for 2010).

2 comments:

  1. This is are really cute layouts! Things do get super busy once the school year starts... I'm a first grade teacher, so I know what you mean! :) I'm a new follower, would love for you to check out my blog too! :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete