Saturday, April 30, 2011

OSU Scrapbook, Pg. 1-3

My hubby, Travis, and I went to every Ohio State Buckeyes home football game in 2009 and I finally gotten around to scrapping the events. Actually, I am quite glad I waited because I get to use my Cricut and I just love how it is coming out!

Here is the first page:
I used Varsity Letter tons in this book and used it for all of the big words on this page, as well as Lyrical Letters for the other smaller words. I double layered the letters in our school colors, scarlet and gray, which you will see all over this book! I am a very linear scrapper and I feel like the football book should have very little bling and embellishments. I want the focus to be on my pictures and the wonderful time I had with my husband!



Our tickets were a Christmas gift from Travis's parents and I have kept the note that his mom wrote in order to scrap it!

Here is page 2:
I used Lyrical Letters and Robotz (I think) for the title and Simply Charmed for the adorable OSU present! I cut the pennant from Sports Mania, another cartridge I used all over this book. I love that I was actually able to keep the letter and make sure everyone knows how we were able to make it to all of the games!



Here is page 3:
I absolutely love this banner that I created from Birthday Bash and Lyrcial Letters and put it together with black twine and brads. I also cut our quarterback from Everyday Paper Dolls and used Stickles on his helmet. Nothing compares to the shine from the helmets on a sunny football Saturday! I also used ribbon that my mom got me on clearance for 50 cents!

I LOVE these pages and they mean so much to my husband and I! It is the first and only time we will get go to all of the home games because the tickets are crazy expensive if you aren't a student and nearly impossible to get (if you want to sit close).

More pages to come...I have quite a few more done, I just want to put the finishing touches on them before I post!

5 comments:

  1. I love your layouts. I too am a Buckeye Fan. We get season tickets each year (my husband is an Associate Professor at the university). I have the very ribbon you were talking about but mine wasn't on clearance. GO BUCKS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just now got to see your response Amanda....LOL. For a minute, I thought I was chanting alone. Feel free to visit my blog if you want. I just finished an OSU Memo Board the other day.
    Jessica
    jessicascraftshaque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! I'm making a baby book with the osu theme any tips?

    ReplyDelete