Monday, February 20, 2012

Dressing Up an Ironing Board

Well, since I decided I wanted to start sewing, I needed an ironing board. I had an iron, but rarely used it. I am more of a wash and wear type of girl! I didn't want a giant ironing board because I have no where to put it so I just grabbed a little $7 tabletop board at Walmart.

Check out this beauty...
Ugly! So I added some of this...
I found a tutorial on the internet, but I can't remember where. Basically lay out the fabric on the floor, but the ironing board down and trace around it, leaving 2 1/2 inches all the way around.

Cut it out...

Yeah, I used Sharpie to trace mine. I know I need to get one of those fancy pens, I just haven't done it yet.

Zig-zap stitch all the way around then fold it over to create a pocket for the elastic.

Shove the elastic in there, put it on the board and make sure everything fits. Cut and sew the elastic and fill in the pocket and put it on the board.

Whatcha think?

Not to shabby! So much prettier than that ugly blue. By the way, I just put his over the blue, which had a little bit of padding already in it, so I didn't have to use any other padding.

Didn't know I could like an ironing board so much!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment