Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ruffle Skirt

I recently cleaned out several old t-shirts from the closet with the intentions of recycling them into hair bows and other things. I came across this cute skirt and wanted to replicate it for my niece. I had a corally-orange shirt that I bought several years ago on clearance at Old Navy and probably wore it three or four times.

It was so easy to do and I am thinking that I need to make a few more!
I think my skirt is going to be less full than the one I used as a guide but I can imagine it with some leggings and boots and looking pretty cute. I didn't have my niece's measurements but I went off of some general guidelines that I found online. Fingers crossed that it fits!


I didn't have any thread to match so I just went with some contrasting white.

Soon after starting to attach the ruffles, I realized that I would never to able to stay exactly on the other stitches so I didn't worry about it too much. I like the way the free form looks!

I also had to make a matching hair clippie--no outfit is complete without accessories! I think my niece is going to look so cute in this. I will probably try to find her a cute white tshirt to go with it and hopefully she can wear it soon!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute set! I love the white stitching. I'm sure your niece will love her new outfit!

    ReplyDelete