Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Menu Planner

My sister has been trying to plan and cook healthy, well-rounded meals for everyone in her house (there are 4 adults and a 3 year old--as well as the 5 month old baby!) and I found this great idea to make for her. It's a really cool meal planner with pockets for a grocery list and 7 individual pockets for the recipes or meal cards.

I had some really cool skull fabric that my mom had given me and paired it up with pink polka dots and black and white polka dots to make one that fits her personality!
I love how it turned out! It just screams her name and she already loves it--she will really love it when I remember to get some magnets for the back and give it to her!

I admit, I was a little confused by the directions on the above website. I felt like I was missing something or I just didn't get something, so I modified it a little bit. I also added some cardboard in between the layers of the large rectangle pieces to give it some stability. The cardboard is a little smaller than the rectangles and it kind of bothers me, but I am sure it will fit the bill of what she is going to use it for.

How cool are those individual pockets?!? She can either put recipe cards or just write down what they are going to have that night. I am thinking that I could laminate those large notecards and buy her a wet-erase marker and she can write it down and re-use them each week. I can see my 3 year old niece getting involved and pulling out the cards for her--which I think will help her start to recognize the days of the week!


0 comments:

Post a Comment