Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Yellow and Grey Skirt

I completely love yellow and grey together. I have a really pretty yellow scarf that I never wore until I realized how great it looked with my white shirt and grey cardigan...now I love it! But, I digress...

Today I made a skirt without a tutorial or a pattern...just by using knowlege that I have picked up by reading countless blogs! I adore it! I made this one for my 9 year old niece. She is living in Germany right now with her family (my brother is in the army) and I can't wait to send it to her.

I got all kinds of pretty fabric on sale a few weeks ago at Joann's and this was one of them. It looks awesome with a knit waistband made from an Old Navy shirt that I wore once or twice!


I ruffled up the skirt fabric, but it seems like some of them fell out as I was sewing on the waistband. I do go with the imperfection is perfection rule of ruffling but this one seems to have a few wonky pleats. Oh, well, I still love it!

Easy little flower for her hair.
And check out this adorable bow on the skirt! Who doesn't love a little extra detail? (And really, it helps show what is front and what is back since I don't have any tags...as much as I want some!)

Now to make something for my other niece...

0 comments:

Post a Comment