Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Camera Strap

Before I went on vacation last weekend, I wanted to make myself a new camera strap that was longer. I wanted it to be able to fit around my neck and one arm (messenger bag style) and still have enough movement that I could use it from that position.

I love what I was able to come up with!

My strap started at 3.5 inches wide and 50 inches long. I pieced together some fabric scraps that I had and that I thought went really well together. The front of the strap is the zebra and yellow and the back is black dots, small pink dots and some teal tonal floral print. Once I pieced it together, I'm pretty sure the strap is about 48 inches and then I folded it over some D rings, so I'm not exactly sure of the final dimensions.



I just put the two strips right sides together sewed them up the sides, then flipped them right side outside and topstitched them. I was dangerously close to running out of white thread (and forgot to pick more up) so I used yellow to zigzag it to the D rings.
I also zigzagged a ribbon to the end and used the hardware from my actual strap to connect it to the camera. I bought some clips but they were too thick. I am hoping that I can find some clips and lose the ribbons. After trekking around Canada for a few days, they are all twisted and frayed and not looking so great anymore!

Overall, I absolutely love it! It's longer and wider than the average strap and it fits my needs perfectly!

0 comments:

Post a Comment