Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ruffle Apron

Since I got One Yard Wonders I have wanted to make the ruffle apron for my niece. I finally decided to just do it last week before vacation. However, I only got the pieces cut out so I didn't get it finished til yesterday. I used a fat quarter pack that I bought a while ago and I love how all of the patterns look together.

How cute is that?

I actually had to piece together fabric for the ruffle and the tie, but I don't think you can even see the seam unless you are studying it! I also had just a smidge of white thread left so I decided to use contrast thread and I love how it turned out! I think I like it even better than if I could have used matching.

The apron is actually reversible so she can wear it either way. I only made one change from the directions in the book. I decided to make it a tie back instead of velcro so I had to make the ties longer. I just think it's gonna look so cute when she makes pancakes with her uncle or mixes up some cupcakes with me!


0 comments:

Post a Comment