Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pleated Penny Shirt

Recently Shwin & Shwin offered a free pattern download to everyone and asked for pattern testers. I knew I wouldn't be able to finish it up and try it on my niece in the time frame but I did download the pattern and get started on it. It took me a week to find the perfect buttons that matched the colors and were "fancy" enough for the shirt!

Isn't it a cutie!?! I wish I had some pics of it on my niece but I just finished it today. I'll probably see her in a week or two so I will have to get some pics of her wearing it.
Love those pleats! I just think it feels fancy!
This color of pink is not all that common in the button section apparently. I went to a big Joann's and walked up and down the button aisle for like 10 minutes! I found these buttons and another one that actually matched perfectly. The other ones were $4 each and $8 just seemed to be too much for buttons! I like how these ones look on the shirt though so I am happy.
I made the simple little tie so it can be cinched at the waist. She is a scrawny little thing and I was afraid she would get lost in the shirt without the tie belt.
One last picture that shows the shape a little better. It's so hard to photograph clothing without my little model.

If you want to see more options on this shirt or would like to purchase the pattern, check this post out.




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!! If you make it a little bigger, I would wear it :) It's really GREAT!

    You are planning on sharing this over at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality.. right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!!

      Delete