Thursday, March 24, 2011

Gift Bag and Envelope for Baby Shower

I made an easel card last weekend for a baby shower that I have on Saturday. Here is a little reminder if you didn't see the post...I think it's right before this one if you wanna check out more details.
Yesterday I went to Target to get a gift and I found an adorable hooded towel/regular towel combo and some matching washclothes. The hooded towel has a cute monkey on it and I just feel in love with it! I also found a super cute gift bag that was only 99 cents! Cute gift bags can be so expensive and I hate to spend money on something people are going to trash!

Here is the bag I got:
Perfectly cute, right? Well, the more I looked at it, I decided that it needed something else.

Here is what I came up with:


Monkey is from Create a Critter, of course! The letters are from Lyrical Letters...I love that font and I think I use it all of the time! I cut the hearts in two different sizes from Rock Princess and used some twine to put it all together.

Then I needed to make a custom envelope for the card because it is square and an odd size. I just kind of use my score board and some hope to craft an envelope in matching paper and then a little version of the monkey from the bag!

Here is the bag and envelope together (outside on my chair, which was bathed in 70 degrees of sunshine yesterday and had snowflakes on it this morning):


I love how they turned out. I have no idea if the Mommy-to-Be likes monkeys, but I am sure she will like this one...how could you not? She is simply adorable!

1 comment:

  1. I love the card and bag!!
    awesome!!!
    Imogene
    Follow me..
    sweetlilcricut.blogspot,com

    ReplyDelete