Thursday, March 10, 2011

More Boy Cards

Well, I had to take a break from my boy cards to work on Tinkerbell; between that and working almost every day, I haven't had a lot of time to craft. I am the type of person that needs hours to devote to crafting--I don't usually craft if I only have an hour or two! I had time yesterday and finished up some more boy cards.
All of the cuts on this card are from Create a Critter. I left the firehat off of the dog and did some doodling around for details. I also embossed the sky with D'Vine Swirls and the dog house with a Sizzix texture plate that I can't recall the name of right now!
For this one, the llama is from Birthday Bash and the sentiment is a stamp by S&P Company. I also embossed the orange paper with the Cuttlebug Number Collage and added a few red brads.

I got this skating buffalo and sentiment from Birthday Bash--who thought a rollerskating buffalo could be so cute? I used twine from the The Twinery and tied on a button. I did the typical doodling and I think it turned out really cute!
The next two cards are from Sports Mania. I really like this cartridge and I don't think I use it enough on my cards.
I like the simplicity of this football card and I think it could be used for a guy of any age. The base of the card is kraft paper and I used yellow behind the sentiment to be like the penalty flag.

So, in theory, I like this card. When I resized it to fit the standard A2 card, it warped the baseball a little bit. If I were to remake it, I would fix that but overall I like it. I doodled in black this time and used the Sew Easy to stitch the baseball which is my favorite part about the whole card!
I think I have about 10 more boy cards to make and I haven't even used my new Boys Will Be Boys cartridge!

2 comments:

  1. Love your boy cards--I use Sports Mania a lot, I think it's a bit of a gem that a lot of people overlook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I was looking for a cartridge that included football and baseball, so I will have to hunt out Sports Mania~thanks for the help :D

    ReplyDelete