Saturday, March 12, 2011

Thank You Cards

Today I had two main goals to complete. I needed to make about 20 Thank You cards for my niece to send to her family for all of the wonderful gifts for her 2nd birthday and I also needed to create all of the components for a racecar cupcake cake that I am making for my nephew's birthday party tomorrow, complete with a fondant Mario. Did I mention that I have NEVER made anything out of fondant before? I will post the completed cake and his birthday cake soon, but here is a sneak peek at Mario.

I love the way he came out! The yellow things will be headlights on the racecar. But on to my other goal, the thank you cards. I wanted to keep them simple but still cute.

Little birdie is from Create a Critter and the background shape is from Accent Essentials.
I love this stinkin' owl from Create a Critter...it is soooo cute and I especially love it this crazy patterned paper!

I am thinking that the zebra card is my favorite! Gotta love purple zebra paper and the black twine!

This button matches almost exactly with the background paper and I love the contrast of it with the purple and black.
I just love turtles so much...just ask my pet turtle, Donatello! The paper on this one is the Nana's Kids stack, which has a lot of great prints! I also embossed the green paper with Swiss Dots.
When I was getting floss for my new Sew Easy, I picked up a variety pack of crafting cord and I really like it! It's a nice change from ribbon and gives a lot of the same effects as twine, but I can get it in tons of colors for a low price.

This one is really simple but still cute! The kitty is from Create a Critter and I just tied a simple black ribbon around it for a completed look.

I spent a ton of time working on my two goals today but I can say they are completed and I am so happy with them! And, it's all because I absolutely love my nieces and nephews!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment