Sunday, May 8, 2011

National Scrapbooking Day Challenges

I have been really sick this week and I couldn't even sit up for two days so I was very behind on my Mother's Day cards. Today (Saturday--it's after midnight so this will say Sunday, but it's still Saturday to me!) My Pink Stamper had hourly challenges and I was able to fit my cards into a few of them even though I didn't get them done during the hour.

Here is the first one which is for my mom:
I am not super thrilled how to came out but it fits Challenge #4, which is simply to make a Mother's Day project. I cut the flower from Mother's Day Bouquet--it is my newest cart but I have barely used it because I have been working on a football scrapbook--no flowers in that one! I cut the middle tag from Once Upon a Princess and the word "mother's" is from Lyrical Letters.
I used memory thread and a button in the middle of the flower and i think that's my favorite part!

And, here is the other one for my mother-in-law:
Again, not super-stoked about how it came out, but it fits into Challenge #2--use kraft paper on a project. I love kraft paper so this wasn't a challenge! I used the same cartridges as the previous card and used memory thread again with a button.

The only thing I really like about this card is the adorable bow! It turned out soooo cute; just wish I didn't have to smash it to go in an envelope! Also, too bad that I forgot to give it to my mother-in-law this evening when I saw her!

I hope to complete a few more of the challenges tomorrow. Being sick kind of zapped my crafty spirit so I hope it comes back tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment