Friday, May 27, 2011

Princess, the family dog

In 1998, I went with my neighbor and friend to pick up a rambunctious, cute, licky black lab puppy that he and his family had picked out to be their new family pet. They named her Princess and she was instantly a big part of their family. Fast forward, to 2011 and that friend is my husband of 6 1/2 years (and significant other of 12 1/2 years) and that black lab is no longer with the family. My hubby's parents had to make the terrible decision to put her to sleep a few weeks ago and they have been greatly missing her. I decided I would make and frame a photo layout of her to give to them. (I only had pictures that my mother-in-law took and she isn't the greatest photographer, but I think it adds to the specialness of the layout.)

I followed a sketch that I got from Scrapbooks Etc. and used paper from My Mind's Eye (Totally Girl).


I cut the dog from Nate's ABCs, the crown from Once Upon A Princess, the letters from Birthday Bash and the circle tag and heart from Four Legged Friends. I just did a few quick journaling strips, twine and a bit of white faux stitching to finish it off.

I know my in-laws are going to love it and I can't wait to give it to them this weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment