Sunday, May 22, 2011

Teacher Thanks

As a substitute teacher, I typically work in different schools each day and I don't spend a lot of time talking to other teachers in the school. I am a rather reserved person so I just go in, do a good job with the class and go home. However, I work a lot at one specific school where I also did my student teaching. This past school year, I have subbed a lot for the first grade teachers who always tried to request me when possible. They are so kind and generous and treat me like a colleague as opposed to an employee, which is how I feel at other schools. Of course, I hope to join them if a position is available and I am lucky enough to snag it for next year.

Anyway, to show my gratitude, I decided to make each of the first grade teachers a card! Luckily, my brand new set of stamps came by My Pink Stamper. I got a set of animal puns and the cupcake set and I put the animal puns to good use today! (I also got a cute set by Pink by Design, which I will show on projects at a later date!)

Without  further ado, here are the seven cards I have worked on this weekend:






All of the animals are cut from Create a Critter and the background shapes were all from Once Upon A Princess (I think). The sentiments are all from that set by My Pink Stamper, except the bird one--I have no idea who made that sentiment stamp! Of course, I added touches of ribbon, white pen and twine as necessary!

I hope you enjoy looking; I am sure they will love these cards and I had a wonderful time making them!

2 comments:

  1. Those are all so cute! Wishing you the best with the job situation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you were busy! These are awesome and I'm sure the teachers will really appreciate them! Good luck with securing a teaching position!!!

    ReplyDelete